How do I install the latest scanner driver on my Mac?
Do the following:
- Make sure your product is on and connected to your Mac.
- Select the menu, then Software Update. Follow the on-screen instructions to install any updates available for your product. Note: Software Update may find multiple updates for your system; you may choose to install all or some of the updates by clicking Show Details.
- Select the menu > System Preferences > either Print & Scan or Print & Fax.
Your product should appear in the Printers list. If your product is not listed, click and select your product.
- Close the Print & Scan or Print & Fax window.
Note: The steps above will install Apple's Image Capture software for scanning. However, you can also install Epson Scan. Epson Scan provides additional image adjustment and photo correction features for enhancing scanned images, and provides an interface for TWAIN-compliant OCR scanning software.
To install Epson Scan, do the following:
- Go to the Downloads tab for your product.
- Select Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility.
- Click Download Now and follow the on-screen instructions to install Epson Scan.