I can send a fax but can't receive one. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Turn on Auto Answer on the product. To turn Auto Answer mode on,press the Fax button, press the Menu button, then select Fax Settings > Send/Receive Setup> Auto Answer, then select On.
- If you're using an answering machine, make sure it's connected to the EXT port on the product and not a wall jack.
- Make sure paper is loaded correctly in your product.
- Turn call waiting off. Call waiting may disrupt an incoming fax.
- If you connect an answering machine and Auto Answer is turned on, make sure the product's Rings to Answer setting is set higher than the number of rings your answering machine is set to answer a call.
Published: Mar 21, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!