My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head.
- Your product won't operate properly if it's tilted or at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base in all directions.
- You may need to replace the ink cartridge.
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Paper or Media Type Settings
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X
Selecting Print Layout Options - Mac OS X
Replacing the Ink Cartridge
Published: Dec 20, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!