How should I transport my product?
If you need to ship your product or transport it a long distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines: Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak. Leave the ink cartridges installed. Removing the cartridges can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing.
- Turn off the product.
- Lift up the scanner unit.
- Make sure the print head is in the home position on the right.
- Secure the ink cartridge holder to the case with tape as shown.
- Lower the scanner unit.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Close the rear paper feed slot and output tray.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product. Make sure the box adequately protects the product control panel.
Keep the product level during transportation. If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment