How do I send a fax from my product's control panel?
Do the following:
Sending a Fax Using the Keypad, Contact List, or HistoryYou can send a fax from your product control panel by entering the fax number, or selecting the number from either the contact list or fax history.
Note: You can send a black-and-white fax to up to 200 recipients at a time, or send a color fax to one recipient at a time. If your recipient's fax machine does not print in color, your fax is automatically sent in black-and-white.
Note: The product can queue up to 50 black-and-white fax jobs. You can check or cancel fax jobs in the queue using the Status Menu.
- Place your original on the product for faxing.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Fax.
Note: To fax a double-sided document, place your document in the ADF and turn on the ADF 2-Sided setting. (You cannot fax double-sided documents in color.)
- Do one of the following to select fax recipients:
Manually enter a fax number: Press the Enter a Fax Number field and enter a fax number. Press when done. To add another fax number, repeat the same steps.
Note: If direct dialing has been restricted, you can only select the number from the contact list or fax history. If necessary, enter an outside line access code (such as 9) at the beginning of the fax number. If the access code has been set up in the Line Type setting, enter the # pound sign instead of the code.
- Select from the contact list: Select Contacts to display the contact list screen. Select the checkbox next to one or more contact (select the checkbox again to deselect it). Select the Search field to search for recipients by name, index name, or entry number. Select Proceed when you are finished.
- Select from the sent fax history: Select History to display the sent fax history. Select a recipient from the list, select Menu, and select Send to this number.
Note: To delete entered recipients, select the Enter a Fax Number field, select the recipient you want to delete, and select Delete from the List.
- Manually enter a fax number: Press the Enter a Fax Number field and enter a fax number. Press when done. To add another fax number, repeat the same steps.
- If you need to change any fax settings, select Menu, select Fax Send Settings, and select your settings.
- If you want to preview your fax in black-and-white on the LCD, select Preview. (If the preview looks incorrect, select Retry, reposition the document or change the fax settings, and repeat this step.)
Note: If you do not touch the preview screen for 20 seconds, your product sends the fax automatically. You cannot preview images when the Direct Send setting is turned on.
- If you want to save your fax settings for later use, select Presets and add a new entry.
- Press one of the buttons.
Note: To cancel faxing, press the Stop button. You can also cancel the job or check the job status on the Job Monitor or Job History screen.Your product scans your original and prompts you to place additional pages, if necessary.
Note: Your product does not save sent color faxes to its memory. If the Save Failure Data option is enabled, faxes that failed to be sent are stored to the product's memory and you can resend them from the Status Menu screen.Related tasks
Checking Fax Status
Entering Characters on the LCD Screen
Selecting the Line Type
Fax Sending Options
Placing Originals on the Product
Setting Up Contacts and Contact Groups