I can send a fax but can't receive one. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure Receive Mode is set to Auto so you can receive faxes automatically.
- If you cannot receive faxes when a telephone is connected to your product, set Receive Mode to Manual and make sure your telephone is connected to your product's EXT port.
- If you're using an answering machine, make sure it's connected to the EXT port on the product and not a wall jack.
- If you connect an answering machine and Auto Answer is turned on, make sure the product's Rings to Answer setting is set higher than the number of rings your answering machine is set to answer a call.
- Make sure paper is loaded correctly in your product.
- Turn call waiting off. Call waiting may disrupt an incoming fax.
Note: If your phone line includes voicemail answering services, calls or faxes may be inadvertently received by your voicemail service.Related tasks
Connecting a Telephone or Answering Machine
Published: May 14, 2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!