I can't print from my Mac with a wireless connection after I replaced my router. What should I do?
You will need to set up your software and product again for the new router. Do the following:
Disable the Firewall
- Open the menu and select System Preferences, then click either Security & Privacy or Security.
- Select the Firewall tab and disable the firewall.
If you have other firewall software enabled, you'll also need to disable it. If you don't know how to disable it, contact your firewall provider for help.
Note: This step is needed to install the product's software and complete the Wi-Fi setup. Remember to enable your firewall software after you complete the Wi-Fi setup.
- If you're unable to complete the instructions above, contact Epson. Otherwise go to the next section.
Install the Product Software
Important: You'll need to know your network name (SSID) and network password before you can set up your product. If you don't know them, contact the manufacturer of your router or the person who set up your network.
- Download the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package from the Downloads tab for your product.
Note: Make a note of the file name and save the location so you can retrieve it.
- Open the file you downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions. When you see the Select Your Connection screen, select Wireless connection, click Continue, then follow the instructions on your computer screen.
- When you see the Select Setup Option screen, select Set up printer for the first time, click Continue, then follow the instructions on your computer screen to complete the installation.
Note: If you're using OS X 10.6 or later, you will need to use the buttons on the printer to select wireless settings. Follow the instructions on your computer screen during software installation; they will explain how to connect the printer wirelessly this way.
After you complete the Wi-Fi setup, remember to enable your firewall. If these troubleshooting instructions did not solve the problem, please contact Epson support.