How do I transfer photos from a memory card to my computer?
You can transfer files to and from a memory card or USB device inserted in your product and a computer connected to your product.
Note: Do not transfer files to and from a memory device while you are printing from or scanning to the device.
- Make sure your product is connected to a computer.
- Insert a memory card or USB device into your product.
- Do one of the following to access your files from your computer:
- Windows: Open the Computer, My Computer, Windows Explorer, or File Explorer utility, then select the removable disk icon.
- OS X with a USB connection: Look for the removable disk icon on your desktop or computer window, then select it.
- OS X with a network connection: Select the hard drive icon on your desktop or computer window, select your product in the SHARED section of the sidebar (you may need to widen the sidebar to see the name), then select the MEMORYCARD icon.
- Select the folder that contains your files.
- Drag the files you want to transfer to the desired folder on your computer or on your memory device.
Note: Your product's LCD screen does not update to display new files transferred to the memory device. Wait until the memory card access light stops flashing, then remove and insert the memory card to update the files displayed. If you are using a USB device, remove and insert the device.Related tasks
Inserting a Memory Card
Connecting and Using a USB Flash Drive or External Device
Published: Mar 31, 2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!