My product is unresponsive, it will not print or power off. What should I do?
You need to update the printer's firmware. You can download the firmware for your product from the Downloads tab.
Note: A USB cable is required to perform the firmware update even if the printer is connected via Ethernet or wirelessly. Do the following:
- Go to the Downloads tab.
- Click Firmware Update under Firmware, then click Download.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download the firmware.
- Do one of the following:
- Windows: Run the file epsonXXXXX.exe.
- Mac: Open the file epsonXXXXX.dmg and run Epson Firmware Updater.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the following screen appears, connect the USB cable directly from the printer to the computer, then click Next.
- Click Start to begin the firmware update.
- Click Finish.
Note: Do not unplug, power-off, or attempt to use the printer during the update process.
The firmware update is complete when the printer restarts.
Note: Unplug the USB cable if your printer is set up via Ethernet or wirelessly.
Published: Jun 30, 2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!