How should I load envelopes?
Do the following:
You can load envelopes in Cassette 2 (lower cassette) as described here. You can print on plain paper envelopes in this size: No. 10 (4.1 × 9.5 inches [105 × 241 mm]).
You can also load a single envelope in the rear paper feed slot, as described in that section.
Note: Do not remove or insert the paper cassette during printing.
- Close the output tray, if necessary.
Note: As you slide in the output tray, there may be slight resistance and noise. This is normal.
- Open the front cover.
- Pull on the front cover to pull out the lower paper cassette.
- Slide the edge guides outward.
- Insert up to 10 envelopes, printable side facedown and flap edge left, as shown.
Note: Make sure the envelope is not sticking out from the end of the cassette.
- Slide the edge guides against the envelopes, but not too tightly.
Note: Make sure the envelopes are under the tabs on the edge guides.
- Keep the cassette flat as you insert it.
Note: The output tray opens automatically when you print.
- If you have trouble loading a stack of envelopes, press each envelope flat before loading it or load one envelope at a time.
- Do not load envelopes that are curled, folded, or too thin.
Loading Paper in Cassette 1 (Upper Cassette)
Loading Paper in Cassette 2 (Lower Cassette)
Loading Paper in the Rear Paper Feed Slot
Paper Loading Capacity