What steps can I take to prepare my product for storage?
If you need to ship your product or transport it a long distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- Leave the ink cartridges installed. Removing the cartridges can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing.
- Do not carry the product by the control panel; this may damage the product.
During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
- Turn off the product.
- Lift up the scanner unit and check to see if the print head is in the far right position (the home position). If not, turn on the product, wait for the print head to move, then turn the product off again.
- Secure the ink cartridge holder to the case with tape.
Do not place tape on the white flat cable inside the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Lower the scanner unit.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Close the rear paper feed slot cover and the output tray. Then lower the control panel.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product.
Published: Nov 18, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!