I can't start Epson Scan in Windows or on my Mac. What should I do?
If you cannot start Epson Scan, try these solutions:
- Make sure your product is turned on and any interface cables are securely connected at both ends.
- Make sure Epson Scan is selected in your scanning program.
- Make sure your computer is not running in a power-saving mode, such as sleep or standby. If so, wake your system and restart Epson Scan.
- Check the connection setting and test the connection using Epson Scan Settings:
Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select EPSON Scan Settings. Make sure the correct Connection setting is selected, then click the Test button.
Windows (other versions): Click or Start > All Programs or Programs > EPSON > EPSON Scan > EPSON Scan Settings. Make sure the correct Connection setting is selected, then click the Test button.
OS X: Open the Applications folder, click Epson software, and click EPSON Scan Settings. Make sure the correct Connection setting is selected, then click the Test button.
- Make sure you do not have multiple versions of Epson Scan installed. If you do, uninstall both versions and install one version.
- If you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall Epson Scan, try reinstalling it.
Note: With OS X, in addition to scanning with Image Capture, you can download and install Epson Scan scanning software. Epson Scan provides additional image adjustment and photo correction features for enhancing scanned images, and provides an interface for TWAIN-compliant OCR scanning software. To download Epson Scan, visit the Downloads tab for your product.Related tasks
Starting a Scan Using the Epson Scan Icon
Scanning with OS X Using Image Capture
Entering a User ID and Password for Scanning - Windows