How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi connection to a computer or another device without using a wireless router or access point?
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct ModeYou can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and a computer or other devices without a wireless router or access point.
Note: You may need to enable the Wi-Fi Direct setting in the Advanced Settings menu before you can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Wi-Fi Setup and press the OK button. You see this screen:
- Select Wi-Fi Direct Setup and press the OK button.
- Select Connection Setup and press the OK button. You see this screen:
- Press the OK button to view the SSID (Wi-Fi network name) and password.
- Use your computer or wireless device to select the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) displayed on the LCD screen, and enter the password shown.
- Press the OK button to exit. You see either the AP or D connection symbol on the LCD screen and should be able to print directly to your product from your computer or device.
Note: If the AP or D connection symbol is not displayed on the LCD screen, Wi-Fi Direct mode is not enabled. Repeat these steps to try again.