How do I set the Epson Universal Print Driver to the PCL printer language?
If the Epson Universal Print Driver is already installed;
- Do one of the following:
- Windows 10: Right-click and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds > Devices and Printers.
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Windows 7: Click and select Devices and Printers.
- Windows Vista: Click and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printer (under Hardware and Sound) or Printers.
- Windows XP: Click Start and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printers and Other Hardware (if available) and then Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click EPSON Universal Print Driver.
- Click on Printing preferences and click the Maintenance tab.
- Click Extended Settings and select PCL6 from the Printer Control Language drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
If you are installing the EPSON Universal Print Driver for the first time, do the following:
Note: Make sure your product is turned on and connected to the same network as your computer before installing the printer software if you are using a network connection.
- Download the EPSON Universal Print Driver from the Downloads tab.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you see the screen below:
- Click on your connection type and select the Set Default of Printer Control Language to PCL6 checkbox.
- Click OK.