My printout has lines running through it when I make a copy using the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). What should I do?
Carefully clean the scanner glass and ADF. See below.
Cleaning Your ProductTo keep your product working at its best, you should clean it several times a year.
Do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it.
- Turn off the product.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Clean the scanner glass and the glass area on the left with a soft, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) moistened with a little glass cleaner.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the glass and do not press the glass surface with any force.
Note: If lines appear on the printout or in scanned images, carefully clean the scanner glass on the left.
- Raise the lever and open the ADF cover (F).
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) to clean the rollers and the interior of the ADF.
- Clean the outer case and control panel with a soft, dry cloth. Do not use liquid or chemical cleansers.