How should I transport or store my product?
If you need to store your product or transport it, prepare it for transportation as described here.
During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines: Use two or more people to lift the product. When lifting the product, hold it as shown here. Holding other areas may cause the product to fall or cause you to pinch your fingers when placing the product down. Leave the maintenance box installed; otherwise ink may leak. Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak. Leave the ink cartridges installed. Removing the cartridges can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing.
Note: Before storing your product for a long period, replace low, expended, or expired ink to help prevent the print head from drying out. Store your product in a cool, dry place.
- Turn off the product.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Make sure there are no originals on the product.
- Close the paper support and output tray.
- Remove the optional paper cassettes (if they are installed) before lifting the product.
- If you are transporting the product over a long distance, place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product. Make sure the box adequately protects the product control panel.
Keep the product level during transportation. If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Removing and Installing Ink Cartridges