How should I transport my product?
If you need to store your product or transport it a long distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
Caution: During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- Leave the ink cartridges installed. Removing the cartridges can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing.
- Do not carry the product by its control panel; this may damage the product.
- Turn off the product.
- Wait for the power light to go out, then unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Close the output tray and paper support.
- Secure the ink cartridge holder to the case with tape.
Caution: Do not place tape on the white flat cable inside the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Lower the scanner unit.
- Lower the control panel by squeezing the release bar and gently pushing the panel down.
Caution: Do not lower the control panel without first squeezing the release bar or you may damage your product.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product.
Keep the product level during transportation. Be sure to remove the tape from the ink cartridge holder before turning on your product. If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment