How do I restore the colors in faded photos?
You can restore the colors in faded photos as you scan them using Epson Scan's Color Restoration setting. You can select this setting in any of the available scan modes.
Note: Color restoration is not available in Office Mode, if Epson Scan offers that mode.
- Place your original on your product for scanning.
- Start Epson Scan.
- Select the scan mode you want to use.
- Select the scan settings for your scan.
- Preview your image.
- Locate or access the image adjustment settings.
- Select the Color Restoration checkbox.
- When you finish selecting all your settings, click Scan.
- Click Close to exit the Epson Scan window, if necessary.
Epson Scan scans your original, and saves the color-restored file in the selected folder or opens it in your scanning program. If the file was saved directly to your computer, you see the file in the Windows Explorer or OS X Finder, where you can view and print the image, if desired.Related tasks
Placing Originals on the Scanner Glass
Selecting the Scan Mode
Starting a Scan
Selecting Epson Scan Settings