How do I set up my product for the fastest printing?
Try the following:
Printing is Slow
If printing becomes slow, try these solutions:
- Make sure your system meets the requirements for your operating system. If you are printing a high-resolution image, you may need more than the minimum requirements. If necessary, increase your system's memory.
- If you are using Windows 7, close the Devices and Printers window before you print.
- Make sure Quiet Mode is turned off.
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility to free up existing space.
- Close any programs you are not using when you print.
- If your product is connected to a USB hub, connect it directly to your computer instead.
- If printing becomes slower after printing continuously for a long time, the product may have automatically slowed down to protect the print mechanism from overheating or becoming damaged. Let the product rest with the power on for 30 minutes, then try printing again.
For the fastest printing, select the following settings in your product software:
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Turn on any high speed settings in your product software.
- Select a lower print quality setting.
- Make sure the ink drying time has not been increased for double-sided printing.
Windows: Click the Maintenance tab, select Extended Settings, and select the following settings:
- Always Spool RAW Datatype
- Page Rendering Mode
- Print as Bitmap
Published: Aug 25, 2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!