How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi Direct connection?
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct ModeYou can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and computer or other devices without a wireless router or access point.
- From the home screen, select Wi-Fi Setup and press the OK button. You see this screen:
- Press the arrow buttons to select Wi-Fi Direct Setup and press the OK button.
- Select Connection Setup and press the OK button.
- Press the down arrow button, then press the OK button to change the password.
Note: If you have already connected devices or computers to your product via Wi-Fi Direct, they will be disconnected when you change the password.
- Enter your new Wi-Fi Direct password.
Note: Your password must be at least 8 and no more than 22 characters long.
- Press the up and down arrow buttons to scroll through characters (including uppercase and lowercase letters, symbols, and numbers). Then press the right arrow button to move to the next character.
- To delete characters, press the left arrow.
- When you finish entering characters, press the OK button.
- Press the OK button again. You see a screen like this:
- Use your computer or wireless device to select the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) displayed on the LCD screen, then enter the password shown.
- Press the OK button to exit. You see the AP connection symbol on the LCD screen and should be able to print directly to your product from your computer or device.
Note: If the AP connection symbol is not displayed on the LCD screen, Wi-Fi Direct mode is not enabled. Repeat these steps to try again.