How do I install the Epson Universal Print Driver (PCL) with a network connection in Windows?
Installing the Epson Universal Print Driver - WindowsThe Epson Universal Print Driver supports multiple printer languages, such as PCL and ESC/P-R, and can be installed on a Windows computer.
Note: Make sure your product is turned on and connected to the same network as your computer before installing the printer software.
- Download the EPSON Universal Print Driver from the Downloads tab for your product.
- Double-click the downloaded package.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you see the screen below.
- Select Yes: Network connection and click OK.
Note: Select the Set Default of Printer Control Language to PCL6 checkbox if you want to set the default printer language to PCL6. Leave this option deselected to set the printer language to ESC/P-R. (You can change this setting later as needed.)
After the software finishes searching for products, you see a screen like this:
- Do one of the following:
- If you are installing one product, make sure Add EPSON Universal Print Driver is selected, and continue with the next step.
- If you are installing more than one product, select Add found printers, and go to step 9.
Note: You can customize and filter your product search results by clicking Display Settings.
- Open the Select a port to connect a printer pop-up menu and select an existing printer port if necessary. Otherwise, skip this option to have a new port created automatically.
- Select the product you want to install from the Found Printers list.
Note: Deselect the Set as default printer checkbox if you do not want the product to be set as your default printer.
- Click OK, then skip the remaining steps.
- Select each product you want to install and click Add to Printer Folder.
The selected products appear in the lower section of the screen.
- Select the checkbox next to a product to make it your default printer if necessary.
- Click OK.