I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
See the solutions for your problem type below.
Paper Feeding Problems
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it from the rear feed slot or cassette. Reload it, then adjust the edge guides. Make sure the paper stack is not above the tab on the edge guides inside the cassette or rear feed slot.
- If paper does not feed from the rear feed slot, try cleaning the paper guide using an Epson cleaning sheet.
- Be sure to insert the paper cassette all the way into your product.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- Make sure the ink cases are closed.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the cassette printable side down.
- Do not load binder paper with holes in the cassette.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
Paper Jam Problems Inside the Product
Paper Jam Problems in the Cassette
Paper Jam Problems in the Duplexer (Rear Cover)
Paper Loading Capacity
Published: Jan 26, 2015 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!