I'm having trouble sending or receiving faxes. What should I do?
If you cannot send or receive faxes, try these solutions:
- Make sure the recipient's fax machine is turned on and working.
- Make sure paper is loaded correctly in your product.
- Make sure you have set up your header information and have not blocked your caller ID. Otherwise, your faxes might be rejected by the recipient's fax machine.
- Make sure Auto Answer mode is turned on to receive faxes automatically. Check your product control panel to see if this mode is turned on.
- Check that the cable connecting your telephone wall jack to your product's LINE port is secure.
- Print a fax connection report using your product control panel or fax software to help diagnose the problem.
- Verify that the telephone wall jack works by connecting a phone to it and testing it.
- If there is no dial tone and you connected the product to a PBX (Private Branch Exchange) phone line or Terminal Adapter, change the Line Type setting to PBX. If you still cannot send a fax, turn off the product's dial tone detection setting. (Turning off the dial tone setting may cause the product to drop the first digit of a fax number.)
- If you connected your product to a DSL phone line, you must connect a DSL filter to the phone jack to enable faxing over the line. Contact your DSL provider for the necessary filter.
- If your telephone line has static, turn off your product's error correction mode fax communication setting and try faxing again.
- If your telephone line uses call waiting and you have trouble receiving faxes, turn off call waiting to prevent disruption of incoming faxes.
Note: If your product is connected to a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phone line, keep in mind that fax machines are designed to work over analog phone lines. Epson cannot guarantee that fax transmission will work when using VoIP.
If your phone line includes voicemail answering services, calls or faxes may be inadvertently received by your voicemail service.Related tasks
Connecting a Telephone or Answering Machine
Using the Fax Setup Wizard
Selecting the Line Type
Selecting Advanced Fax Settings
Receiving Faxes Automatically
Printing Fax Reports