My printout has lines running through it when I make a copy using the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). What should I do?
Carefully clean the scanner glass and ADF. See below.
Cleaning Your ProductTo keep your product working at its best, you should clean it several times a year.
Note: Close the rear paper feed slot and the output tray when you are not using the product to protect it from dust.
Do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it.
- Turn off the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Clean the scanner glass and the glass area on the left with a soft, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) moistened with a little glass cleaner.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the glass and do not press the glass surface with any force.
Note: If lines appear on the printout or in scanned images, carefully clean the glass area on the left.
- Open the ADF cover and use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) to clean the rollers and the interior of the ADF.
- Clean the outer case and control panel with a soft, dry cloth. Do not use liquid or chemical cleansers.