What steps can I take to prepare my product for storage?
If you need to store your product or transport it some distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- When storing or transporting an ink bottle after removing its seal, do not tilt the bottle and do not subject it to impacts or temperature changes. Otherwise, ink may leak even if the cap on the ink bottle is tightened securely. Be sure to keep the ink bottle upright when tightening the cap, and take measures to prevent ink from leaking when transporting the ink bottles.
During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
- Turn off the product.
- Lift up the scanner unit and check to see if the print head is in the far right position (the home position). If not, turn on the product, wait for the print head to move to the far right, then turn the product off again.
- Secure the print head to the case with tape.
Do not place tape on the white flat cable inside the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Lower the scanner unit.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Close the output tray, if necessary.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Open the ink tank unit cover and check to make sure that the ink tank caps are installed securely.
- Place the product in the plastic bag that was included with the product and fold the bag closed as shown.
- Place the product in its original packaging materials, if possible, or use equivalent cushioning around the product.
Keep the product level during transport. Otherwise, ink may leak. Do not put opened ink bottles in the box with product.
If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment