My nozzle check pattern prints with gaps because the ink tanks are expended. What should I do?
You need to refill the ink tanks and flush the ink tubes. Refill the necessary ink tanks to the upper line on the tank, then follow the instructions on the LCD screen to select and reset the ink levels of the ink tanks you refilled. Then use your printer software to flush the ink tubes as instructed below.
Flushing the Ink Using a Computer Utility
Note: After a Power Ink Flushing, you must turn off the product and wait at least 12 hours before printing again.
Before you begin, make sure no product lights are indicating errors.
- Do one of the following:
- Windows: Access the Windows Desktop and right-click the product icon in the Windows taskbar and select Printer Settings. Then click the Maintenance tab.
- OS X: In the Apple menu or the Dock, select System Preferences. Select Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners, select your product, and select Options & Supplies. Select Utility and select Open Printer Utility.
- Click the Power Ink Flushing button. You see a window like this:
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- When you finish the Power Ink Flushing, turn off the product and wait at least 12 hours before printing.
- Print a document and check the print quality. If the print quality did not improve, contact Epson for support.
Refilling the Ink Tanks
Published: Jul 28, 2015 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!