I replaced an ink cartridge, but my product shows that the ink is not recognized. What should I do?
The ink cartridges may not have been installed using the correct procedure, or they may not be seated correctly. Follow the instructions below to correctly install and reseat the ink cartridges.
Note: This product is designed to work with Epson cartridges only, not third-party cartridges or ink.
Note: This product is designed to use only genuine Epson-brand ink cartridges. Other brands of ink cartridges and ink supplies are not compatible and, even if described as compatible, may not function properly. Please replace any non-Epson cartridges with Genuine Epson cartridges.
- Turn on your product.
- Do one of the following:
- If the ink not recognized message is on the screen, select the option to replace the ink cartridge and select OK.
- If the ink not recognized message is not on the screen, press the home button, select Setup > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge(s) replacement > Proceed, and press the start button.
- When the message to replace the ink cartridges appears on the screen, lift up the scanner unit.
Do not move the print head by hand; otherwise, you may damage your product. Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer.
- Verify that the ink cartridges are in the ink changing position in the center of the printer. If they are not, close the scanner unit and repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Remove all the ink cartridges by pushing in the blue tab to unlock the ink cartridge. Then lift the bottom of the ink cartridge to remove it.
- After all the ink cartridges have been removed, reinsert them one by one and press each one down until it clicks into place.
Note: Make sure not to place the Photo Black (PBK) ink cartridge into the Black (BK) ink cartridge slot.
- Close the scanner unit.
- Press the start button. The printer starts charging the ink.