How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi connection to a computer or another device without using a wireless router or access point?
You can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and computer or other devices without a wireless router or access point.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Network.
- Select Setup.
- Select Wi-Fi Direct Setup. You see this screen:
- Select Connection Setup.
- Select Change Password and select OK.
Note: If you have already connected devices or computers to your product via Wi-Fi Direct, they will be disconnected when you change the password.
- Enter your Wi-Fi Direct password.
Note: Your password must be at least 8 and no more than 22 characters long.
- Press the touch screen buttons repeatedly to scroll through characters.
- Press or to move the cursor.
- Press 1 Symb. to enter symbols.
- Press to delete the previous character.
- Press Done when you finish entering your password. You see this screen:
- Scroll down to view the SSID (Wi-Fi network name) and password.
- Use your computer or wireless device to select the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) displayed on the LCD screen, then enter the password shown.
- Press the home button to exit. You see either an AP or Direct Wi-Fi symbol on the LCD screen and should be able to print directly to your product from your computer or device.
Note: If the AP or Direct Wi-Fi symbol is not displayed on the LCD screen, Wi-Fi Direct mode is not enabled. Repeat these steps to try again.