I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
Paper Feeding Problems
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it from the rear feed slot or cassette. Reload it, then adjust the edge guides. Make sure the paper stack is not above the tab on the edge guides inside the cassette. Make sure to load only one sheet at a time in the rear feed slot.
- Be sure to insert the paper cassette all the way into your product.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- If paper is ejected from the rear feed slot without being printed, first start your print job, then load the sheet of paper.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the cassette printable side down.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
Paper Loading Capacity
Paper Jam Problems Inside the Product
Paper Jam Problems in the Paper Cassette
Paper Jam Problems in the Auto Duplexer or Rear Cover
Paper Jams in the Automatic Document Feeder
Published: Aug 12, 2015 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!