Can I use a pre-paid calling card to send a fax?
Yes. To send a fax this way, you'll need to connect an external telephone to the product's EXT port. To send the fax, see the instructions below.
Dialing Fax Numbers from a Connected TelephoneIf you have connected a telephone to the EXT port on your product, you can send a fax by dialing the fax number from the connected telephone.
- Place your original on the product for faxing.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Fax.
- Dial the fax number from the connected telephone.
Note: If you are using a pre-paid calling card, enter the number and password required to use the card before entering the destination fax number.
- Select Send on the LCD screen.
Note: Your product now communicates with the recipient's fax machine. Do not hang up the telephone.
- If you need to change any fax settings, scroll down and select your settings.
Note: If your recipient's fax machine does not print in color, your fax is automatically sent in black-and-white.
- Press the Start button. If prompted, select where you placed your document (ADF or scanner glass).
Note: To cancel faxing, select Cancel.Your product scans your original and prompts you to place additional pages, if necessary.
- Hang up the telephone.
After scanning your originals, your product sends the fax.Related references
Fax Sending Options
Placing Originals on the Product