My product is printing blank pages from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure you selected the correct paper size settings in your printing program and printer software.
- Run a print head nozzle check to see if any of the nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the yellow tape on the ink cartridge(s) installed in your product was removed.
- The product won't operate properly if it's tilted or at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base in all directions.
- If a blank page exists in a document you are printing and you want to skip printing it, select the Skip Blank Page setting in your printer software as instructed below.
- Do one of the following:
- Windows 10: Right-click and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds > Devices and Printers. Right-click your product name and select Printer Preferences.
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows 7: Click and select Devices and Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows Vista: Click and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printer (under Hardware and Sound) or Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows XP: Click Start and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printers and Other Hardware (if available) and then Printers and Faxes. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Click the Maintenance tab, then click the Extended Settings button.
- In the Settings area, select the Skip Blank Page setting or checkbox.
- Click OK as necessary to save your settings.
- Open the menu, then select System Preferences.
- Select Print & Scan, Print & Fax, or Printers & Scanners, select your product, then select Options & Supplies.
- Select Driver or Options.
You see this screen:
- Set Skip Blank Page to On.
- Click OK.
Published: Sep 1, 2015 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!