I see the message The paper source setting is invalid when making a copy from my product. What should I do?
This message is displayed when an unsupported paper size or paper type is selected for the paper source. The product supports copying on plain paper in these sizes: Letter (8.5 x 11 inches), A4 (8.3 x 11.7 inches), and Legal (8.5 x 14 inches).
Note: When this message appears, press the right arrow button to see the supported paper sizes and paper types for the copy settings you've selected.
To change your paper source and copy settings, do the following:
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Press the up or down arrow button to select Setup, then press the OK button.
- Press the up or down arrow button to select Paper Setup, then press the OK button.
- Press the right arrow button to select your paper size. Select A4, Letter, or Legal, then press the OK button.
- Select Plain Paper as your paper type, then press the OK button.
- Press the home button again, then press the up or down arrow button to select Copy and press the OK button.
- Press the OK button again to adjust the copy settings.
Note: The LCD displays the current copy settings.
- Press the back button.
- Press one of the Start buttons to start copying.
Published: Jul 16, 2015 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!