My product is printing blank pages. What should I do?
- Place the product on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base in all directions. The product won't operate properly if it's tilted or at an angle.
- Make sure you're using paper that meets the product's specifications.
Note: Transparencies and vellum paper are not supported.
- If the copy is blank, print a nozzle check pattern to see if any of the nozzles are clogged. Clean the print head, if necessary.
- If the copy is fine, check the following:
- Make sure the paper size, orientation, and layout settings in your printer software are correct.
- Make sure your document does not contain blank pages. If your printer software has a Preview option, check for blank pages in your document before you print and remove them, if necessary.
- If you're printing from Windows or a Mac you can skip blank pages by selecting Skip Blank Page in your printer software. Follow the steps below for your operating system to select the setting.
Several factors may cause the product to print blank pages, such as print settings, low ink, or the product itself.
Before printing, do the following:
If you still see blank pages, make a copy of a document or photo and do one of the following:
Note: The information below applies only to the Standard Epson printer software.
- Do one of the following:
- Windows 10: Right-click and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your product name and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows 7: Click and select Devices and Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows Vista: Click and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and select Control Panel). Select Printer (under Hardware and Sound) or Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows XP: Click Start and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and select Control Panel). Select Printers and Other Hardware (if available) and then Printers and Faxes. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Click the Maintenance tab and click the Extended Settings button.
- Select Skip Blank Page.
- Click OK as necessary to save your settings.
- Open the menu and select System Preferences.
- Select Print & Scan, Print & Fax, or Printers & Scanners, select your product, and then select Options & Supplies.
- Select Driver or Options.
You see this screen:
- Set Skip Blank Page to On.
- Click OK.
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning