I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it from the rear feed slot or cassette. Reload it, then adjust the edge guides. Make sure the paper stack is not above the tab on the edge guides inside the cassette or rear feed slot.
- Be sure to insert the paper cassette all the way into your product.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- Make sure the ink cases are closed.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- Make sure the paper size and paper type settings are correct for the paper source.
- If paper does not feed correctly after replacing the maintenance rollers, make sure you installed the maintenance rollers correctly.
- If you installed an optional paper cassette unit, be sure to enable the cassette unit in the printing software.
- If your product pauses during printing, make sure the front cover is closed.
- The maintenance rollers may be at the end of their service life. Check the maintenance roller status and replace them if necessary.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the cassette printable side down.
- Do not load binder paper with holes in the cassette.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
Cleaning the Paper Guide
Paper Jam Problems in the Front Cover (A)
Paper Jam Problems in the Rear Paper Feed Slot (B1)
Paper Jam Problems in the Cassette (C1/C2/C3/C4)
Paper Jam Problems in the Rear Cover 1 (D1)
Paper Jam Problems in the Rear Cover (E) of the Optional Paper Cassette Unit
Document Jams in the Automatic Document Feeder (F)
Paper Loading Capacity
Published: Jun 22, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!