My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head.
- You may need to refill the ink. Visually check the ink levels.
- If you have not used the product for a long time, run the Power Ink Flushing utility.
Note: Flushing the ink tubes replaces all the ink inside the tubes, so flush the ink only if you cannot improve print quality by other means.
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Power Ink Flushing
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac
Loading Paper in the Sheet Feeder
Paper or Media Type Settings - Product Software
Paper Type Settings - Control Panel