Can I use a pre-paid calling card to send a fax?
Yes. To send a fax this way, you'll need to connect an external telephone to the product's EXT port. To send the fax, see the instructions below.
Dialing Fax Numbers from a Connected TelephoneIf you have connected a telephone to the EXT port on your product, you can send a fax by dialing the number from the connected telephone. If the recipient's phone number and fax number are the same, you speak to the recipient before sending the fax.
- Place your original on the product for faxing.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Dial the fax number from the connected telephone. Speak to the recipient if necessary.
Note: If you are using a pre-paid calling card, enter the number and password required to use the card before entering the destination fax number.
- Select Send Fax on the LCD screen.
Note: Your product communicates with the recipient's fax machine. Do not hang up the telephone yet.
- Select Send on the LCD screen.
- When you hear a fax tone, press one of the buttons to start sending the fax.
- Hang up the telephone.
Note: If your recipient's fax machine does not print in color, your fax is automatically sent in black-and-white.
Fax Send Settings
Placing Originals on the Product