My product is printing blank pages from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
There are several factors which may contribute to the product printing blank pages such as print settings, low ink, or the product itself.
- Place the product on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base in all directions. The product won't operate properly if it's tilted or at an angle.
- If the ink cartridges are old or low on ink, you may need to replace them.
- Make sure you're using paper that meets the product's specifications.
- If the page is blank, print a nozzle check pattern to see if any of the nozzle are clogged. Clean the print head, if necessary.
- If the page is fine, check the paper size settings listed below in your printing program or printer software.
- Make sure your document does not contain blank pages. If your software has a Preview option, check if there are any blank pages in your document before you print and remove them, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper size, orientation, and layout settings in your software are correct.
- If a blank page is in a document you are printing you can skip it by selecting the Skip Blank Page setting in your printer software as instructed below.
Before printing, do the following:
If your print job prints correctly, you're done.
If you still see blank pages, make a copy, then do one of the following:
- Do one of the following:
- Windows 10: Right-click and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your product name and select Printer Preferences.
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows 7: Click and select Devices and Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows Vista: Click and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printer (under Hardware and Sound) or Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows XP: Click Start and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printers and Other Hardware (if available) and then Printers and Faxes. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Click the Maintenance tab, then click the Extended Settings button.
- In the Settings area, select the Skip Blank Page setting or checkbox.
- Click OK as necessary to save your settings.
- Open the menu, then select System Preferences.
- Select Print & Scan, Print & Fax, or Printers & Scanners, select your product, then select Options & Supplies.
- Select Driver or Options.
You see this screen:
- Set Skip Blank Page to On.
- Click OK.
If you still can't print, the product may have a problem. Contact Epson support.Related concepts
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning