My printout contains garbled characters when I print from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
If incorrect characters appear in your prints, try these solutions before reprinting:
- Make sure any cables are securely connected at both ends.
- In Windows, delete all jobs from the Windows Spooler. Click Print Queue on the Maintenance tab in the printer settings window, and cancel any stalled print jobs.
- If your product is connected to a USB hub, connect it directly to your computer instead.
- If your computer entered sleep mode the last time you printed, the next print job after your computer exits sleep mode may contain garbled characters. Print your document again.
- If incorrect characters still appear in your prints, try connecting your product using a different cable.
- If there are any paused print jobs, printed characters may be corrupted. Clear any paused print jobs.
- Make sure you are using the printer software for this product. Check the product name at the top of the driver window.
Published: Feb 8, 2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!