My printout has incorrect margins. What should I do?
If your printed page has incorrect margins, try these solutions:
- Make sure you selected the correct paper size settings in your printing program and printer software.
- Make sure you selected the correct margins for your paper size in your printing program.
- Make sure your paper is positioned correctly for feeding into the product.
- When placing originals on the scanner glass, align the corner of the original with the corner indicated by the arrow. If the edges of the copy are cropped, move the original slightly away from the corner.
- Clean the scanner glass and the document cover. If there is dust or stains on the glass, the copy area may extend to include the dust or stains.
You can use the preview option in your printer software to check your margins before you print.Related tasks
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac
Loading Paper in Cassette 1 (Upper Cassette)
Loading Paper in Cassette 2 (Lower Cassette)
Selecting the Paper Settings for Each Source - Control Panel
Placing Originals on the Scanner Glass
Cleaning Your Product
Published: Apr 12, 2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!