How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi Direct connection?
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct ModeYou can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and computer or other devices without a wireless router or access point.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Press the icon. You see a screen like this:
- Select Wi-Fi Direct.
- Scroll down and select Start Setup.
- Select Start Setup again. You see a screen like this:
- Use your computer or wireless device to select the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) displayed on the LCD screen, then enter the password shown.
- Press the home button to exit. You see the icon on the LCD screen and should be able to connect to your product directly from your computer or device, and then print. If you are printing from a computer, make sure you installed the network software as described on the Start Here sheet.
Note: If you don't see the icon on the LCD screen, you may have selected the wrong network name or entered the password incorrectly. Repeat these steps to try again.
Published: Jan 31, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!