How do I create a header for my faxes?
The name and phone number you enter in the Fax Setup Wizard will appear in the fax header on your faxes. See below for instructions on using the Fax Setup Wizard.
Using the Fax Setup WizardYou can setup the product's basic fax settings using the Fax Setting Wizard. This wizard is automatically displayed when the product is turned on for the first time. You can also change these settings individually from the Fax Settings menu.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Settings.
- Select General Settings.
- Scroll down and select Fax Settings.
- Scroll down and select Fax Setting Wizard. The Fax Setting Wizard screen appears.
- Select Proceed.
- On the Fax Header screen, use the displayed keypad to enter the sender name for your fax source, such as your name or a business name. You can enter up to 40 characters.
- On the Your Phone Number screen, use the displayed keypad to enter your fax number, up to 20 characters.
Note: The name and phone number in the fax header identifies the source of the faxes you send.
- On the Distinctive Ring Setting screen, do one of the following:
- If you have subscribed to a distinctive ring service from your telephone company, select Settings. Select the ring pattern to be used for incoming faxes or select All.
- If you do not have a distinctive ring service, select Skip.
Note: Distinctive ring services allows you to have several phone numbers on one phone line. Each number is assigned a different ring pattern. You can use one number for voice calls and another for fax calls. Select the ring pattern assigned to fax calls in the Distinctive Ring Setting. If you select a ring pattern other than All, Receive Mode is automatically set to Auto.
- On the Proceed screen, confirm the displayed settings and select Proceed, or press the back arrow to change the settings.
- On the Run Check Fax Connection screen, select Start Checking and follow the on-screen instructions to check the fax connection and print a report of the check result. If there are any errors reported, try the solutions on the report and run the check again.
If the Select Dial Tone Detection screen appears, select Disable. However, disabling the dial tone detection function may drop the first digit of a fax number and send the fax to the wrong number.