I tried to install the product in Windows with a wireless connection, but the installation failed. What should I do?
You need to set up your software and product again. Do the following:
- Reset your product's network settings. See these instructions.
- Do one of the following:
- Windows 10: Click and select (Settings) > Network & Internet > Windows Firewall. Disable the firewall.
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Control Panel > Windows Firewall. Disable the firewall.
- Windows (other versions): Select or Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall. Disable the firewall.
If you have other firewall software enabled, you need to disable it also. If you don't know how to disable it, contact your firewall provider for help.
Note: This step is needed to install the product's software and complete the wireless setup. Remember to enable your firewall software after you complete the wireless setup.
- Uninstall your product's software. See these instructions.
- Unplug your router's power cord from the power outlet, wait a brief period, and then plug it back in.
Note: You may need to re-establish the connection for the other devices on your network.
- Download and install the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package from the Downloads tab on the product's support page. Open the file you downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
Note: After you complete the wireless setup, turn your firewall back on.
If this does not solve the problem, contact Epson Support.
Published: Oct 19, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!