How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi Direct connection?
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct ModeYou can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and computer or other devices without a wireless router or access point.
Note: If you are printing from a computer, make sure you installed the network software as described on the Start Here sheet.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Wi-Fi Setup and press the OK button. You see this screen:
- Press the arrow buttons to select Wi-Fi Direct and press the OK button.
- Press the OK button until you see the network name and password on the LCD screen.
- Press the down arrow button and press the OK button to change the Wi-Fi Direct password.
Note: If you have already connected devices or computers to your product via Wi-Fi Direct, they will be disconnected when you change the password.
- Enter your Wi-Fi Direct password.
Note: Your password must be at least 8 and no more than 22 characters long.
- To scroll through the characters, press the up or down arrow button.
- To move the cursor to the right, press the right arrow button.
- To change the character case or type, press the reset button.
- To delete the previous character, press the left arrow button.
- When you finish entering characters, press the OK button.
- Press the OK button.
- Use your computer or wireless device to select the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) displayed on the LCD screen, then enter the password shown.
Note: Make a note of the SSID and password that appear.
- Press the OK button to exit. You see either an AP or D connection symbol on the LCD screen and should be able to connect to your product directly from your computer or device, and then print.
Note: If the AP or D connection symbol is not displayed in blue on the LCD screen, Wi-Fi Direct mode is not enabled. Repeat these steps to try again.