I refilled the ink tanks after they were expended, but my nozzle check pattern still prints with gaps. What should I do?
The ink tubes may need to be filled with ink. Flush the ink tubes as instructed below.
Power Cleaning Using a Computer UtilityYou can run a Power Cleaning using a utility on your Windows or Mac computer.
Note: After running a Power Cleaning, you must turn off the product and wait at least 12 hours before running another Power Cleaning.
- Make sure no product lights are indicating errors.
- Load a few sheets of plain paper in the product.
- Do one of the following:
- Windows: Access the Windows Desktop and right-click the icon for your product in the right side of the Windows taskbar, or click the up arrow and right-click . Select Printer Settings and click the Maintenance tab.
- Mac: In the Apple menu or the Dock, select System Preferences. Select Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners, select your product, and select Options & Supplies. Select Utility and select Open Printer Utility.
- Select Power Cleaning. You see a window like this:
- Follow the on-screen instructions to run a Power Cleaning.
- When Power Cleaning is finished, run a nozzle check.
If the print quality did not improve, turn off the product and wait at least 12 hours before running another Power Cleaning.
If the print quality does not improve after running the Power Cleaning utility multiple times, contact Epson for support.