My printout contains incorrect characters. What should I do?
If incorrect characters appear in your prints, try these solutions before reprinting:
- Make sure any cables are securely connected at both ends.
- In Windows, delete all jobs from the Windows Spooler. Click Print Queue on the Maintenance tab in the printer settings window, and cancel any stalled print jobs.
- If your product is connected to a USB hub, connect it directly to your computer instead.
- If your computer entered sleep mode the last time you printed, the next print job after your computer exits sleep mode may contain garbled characters. Print your document again.
- If incorrect characters still appear in your prints, try connecting your product using a different cable.
- Windows or Mac: Make sure you are using the printer software for this product. Check the product name at the top of the driver window.
Printing Your Document or Photo - Windows
Printing Your Document or Photo - Mac
Published: Apr 5, 2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!