How do I scan using my product's control panel?
You can scan an image to your computer using your product's control panel buttons.
Your product automatically selects default scan settings, but you can view or change them as necessary. If you are scanning to a computer, you can change the default scan settings using the Event Manager utility on the computer.
- Make sure you installed the product software and connected the product to your computer or network.
Note: Restart your computer after installing the product software to enable scanning from the control panel. Also make sure the Event Manager program is not being blocked by your firewall or security software.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Scan. You see a screen like this:
- Select a scan option:
- To Computer (JPEG) saves your scan as a JPEG file on your computer or as an image capture on a Mac.
- To Computer (PDF) saves your scan as a PDF file on your computer or as an image capture on a Mac.
- To Computer (Email) scans your original and attaches it to a message in your e-mail program. You can select the e-mail program you want to use and resize your image, if necessary, from an option screen on your computer.
Note: This works with MAPI-type email such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Mac Mail, and Entourage, but not web-based email such as Gmail.
- To Computer (Custom) saves your scan using the settings from the Event Manager utility. You can change the scanning size, destination folder, and the save format.
- To WSD lets you manage network scanning in Windows 10, Windows 8.x, Windows 7, or Windows Vista (English only). To use this feature, you must first set up a WSD (Web Services for Devices) port on your Windows 7 or Windows Vista computer (the port is set up automatically on Windows 10 and Windows 8.x).
- Do one of the following:
- If you are scanning to a network computer, select the target computer from the list.
- If your product is connected directly to your computer with a USB cable, select USB Connection.
- Press the start button to start scanning.
Scan Resolution Guidelines
Setting Up a WSD Port (Windows 7/Windows Vista)
Changing Default Scan Job Settings
Starting a Scan Using the Epson Scan 2 Icon
Starting a Scan from a Scanning Program
Starting a Scan from a Smart Device
Scanning in Epson Scan 2
Saving Scanned Documents as a Searchable PDF Using Epson Scan 2
Additional Scanning Settings - Main Settings Tab
Additional Scanning Settings - Advanced Settings Tab
Image Format Options
Placing Originals on the Product