My original does not feed from the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). What should I do?
If you have problems with document jams in the automatic document feeder (ADF), follow the steps here to clear the jam.
- Cancel the print job, if necessary.
- Remove your originals from the ADF.
- Open the ADF cover.
- Carefully remove any jammed pages from beneath the ADF.
- Raise the ADF input tray.
Note: Make sure the ADF cover is opened before raising the ADF input tray.
- Remove the jammed paper.
- Lower the ADF input tray.
- Close the ADF cover until you hear a click.
- Reload your originals.
Make sure you do not load the ADF beyond its capacity for your paper size. Also make sure your originals are not bent, folded, or curled and do not have tape, staples, or other materials that could obstruct the feeder.
- Follow the prompts on the LCD screen to clear any error messages. If you still see a paper jam message, check the other paper jam solutions.
Placing Originals in the Automatic Document Feeder
Paper Jam Problems Inside the Product
Paper Jam Problems in the Rear Cover
ADF Original Document Specifications