I replaced an ink cartridge, but my product shows that the ink is not recognized. What should I do?
The ink cartridges may not have been installed using the correct procedure, or they may not be seated correctly. Follow the instructions below to correctly install and reseat the ink cartridges.
Note: This product is designed to use only genuine Epson-brand ink cartridges. Other brands of ink cartridges and ink supplies are not compatible and, even if described as compatible, may not function properly. Please replace any non-Epson cartridges with Genuine Epson cartridges.
- Turn on your product.
- Select Next > OK.
- Lift the scanner unit until it locks into place.
Do not move the print head by hand; otherwise, you may damage your product. Do not touch the flat white cable or translucent film inside the product.
- Remove all of the ink cartridges. For each one, squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out and see a doctor right away. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children.
Note: Make sure the yellow tape is removed from each cartridge. Remove only the yellow tape.
Do not touch the areas shown here. Doing so may prevent normal operation and printing.
- After you've removed all of the ink cartridges, reinsert them one by one. Press each cartridge down until it clicks into place.
- Lift the scanner unit slightly and lower it. When the scanner unit catches, lift it again and lower it completely.
- Select Completed on the LCD screen.
The print head moves to its home position, and the product starts charging the ink. This takes a few minutes. When you see a completion message on the screen, ink charging is finished.
Do not turn off the product while ink is charging, or you may not be able to print.
If your printer still does not recognize the ink cartridges, please contact Epson Support.