My printout is blurry or smeared. What should I do?
If your printouts are blurry or smeared, try these solutions:
- Make sure your paper is not damp, curled, old, or loaded incorrectly in your product.
- Use a support sheet with special paper, or load special paper one sheet at a time.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- Use Epson papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine Epson inks.
- Make sure the paper type setting in your product software matches the type of paper you loaded.
- If you are printing on letterhead paper, make sure the paper size setting matches the size of paper you loaded. If you select a paper size that is too large for the paper you loaded, the product may print beyond the edges of the paper and cause ink to smear.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
- Avoid handling printouts on glossy paper right after printing to allow the ink to set.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- If you print on both sides of a sheet of paper, smudges may appear on the reverse side of heavily saturated or dark images. If one side of a sheet will contain a lighter image or text, print that side first. Adjust the density and/or ink drying time settings.
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Align the print head.
- Clean the paper path.
Note: Your product will not operate properly while tilted at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base of the product in all directions.Related concepts
Print Head Maintenance
Loading Paper in the Rear Paper Feed
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Double-sided Printing Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac
Selecting Double-sided Printing Settings - Mac
Aligning the Print Head Using the Product Control Panel
Published: May 16, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!