I replaced an ink cartridge, but my product shows that the same ink is expended. What should I do?
The ink cartridges may not have been installed using the correct procedure, or they may not be seated correctly. Follow the instructions below to correctly install and reseat the ink cartridges.
Note: This product is designed to use only genuine Epson-brand ink cartridges. Other brands of ink cartridges and ink supplies are not compatible and, even if described as compatible, may not function properly. Please replace any non-Epson cartridges with Genuine Epson cartridges.
- Turn on your product.
- Do one of the following:
- If the ink expended message is on the screen, select the option to replace the ink cartridge.
- If the ink expended message is not on the screen, press the home button, if necessary, and select Maintenance > Ink Cartridge(s) Replacement > Next > Start.
- Lift up the scanner unit until it clicks.
Do not move the print head by hand; otherwise, you may damage your product. Do not touch the flat white cable or translucent film inside the product.
- Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.
Note: Make sure the yellow tape is removed from each cartridge. Remove only the yellow tape.
- After you've removed all of the ink cartridges, reinsert them one by one. Press each cartridge down until it clicks into place.
- Lift the scanner unit up slightly and lower it. When the scanner unit catches, lift it up again and lower it completely.
Note: The scanner unit cannot be opened from the position shown below. Close it completely before opening it again.
- Select Completed on the screen.
The print head moves to its home position, and the product starts charging the ink. This takes a few minutes. When you see a completion message on the screen, ink charging is finished.
Do not turn off the product while ink is charging or you may not be able to print.